Feats represent the skills, physical quirks, and other unique abilities gained by a character outside their class. An important thing to note is that all characters receive a set number of feats, unless granted extra by their class, one feat gained at every third level. As a human, a character also gains an extra feat at first level. This gives the following feat progression: 1,1; 3; 6; 9; 12; 15;...etc. Also, some feats have prerequisites that must be met in order to qualify for the feat, thus making certain abilities require a progression of feats. Feats come in two broad categories, heroic and epic feats. Epic feats usually allow characters to do things that truly separate them from the lower echelons of shinobi, and are not available until a character has reached 24th level. Heroic feats are able to be taken at any time a ninja gets a feat, assuming prerequisites are met.
This RP allows the use of the basic d20 feats*. As this is a setting without magic, metamagic feats are obviously not available for use per-se, but they are the basis for metajutsu feats. These are the feats most likely to be used by the jutsu tactician and jutsu brawler classes if they want to strengthen and diversify their jutsu casting abilities. Jutsu modified by metajutsu feats cost extra, and the character cannot spend more points on a single jutsu than their caster level (so at 15th level, a jutsu brawler can only spend 15 points on a jutsu, including its base cost). However this group does also use some custom feats. (A * mark by a feat means that it can be found on the list of basic d20 feats)
Counter Jutsu Feats
- Improved Counter Jutsu: This lets the user counter the jutsu of an additional target if they decide to use to ready an action during their turn. This second target must be a character other than the one chosen first, and they jutsu they use must be one that is cast before the countering user's next turn. If a second target does not cast a jutsu before the start of the countering character's turn, this feat does not give any benefit.
- Reactive Counter Jutsu: Requires Improved Counter Jutsu, Improved Initiative*. This feat allows a character to, once per round (from after they post to before their next post) to attempt to counter a single jutsu without readying an action to do so on their turn. This means that a character can take both actions on their turn, and still counter a single jutsu that is being cast. However, doing so will take the place of the standard action for that character's next round. Upon taking this feat, a character may also use their jutsu to counter an incoming attack that would otherwise hit them (bypass their AC, touch AC, etc). The mechanics work the same, a Reflex save is required to avoid the attack.
- Improved Susano'o: Requires Mangekyou Sharingan. Allows the character to use the humanoid (musculature/skin) version of the Susano'o.
- Greater Susano'o: Requires Improved Susano'o, Con 20. Allows the character to manifest an armored Susano'o.
- Quicken Manifestation: Requires Improved Susano'o, Int 20. Allows a character to manifest the humanoid Susano'o without first manifesting a skeletal version. This feat can be taken multiple times, each time requiring the character have 2 more int. Retaking the feat allows the user to manifest a higher version of the Susano'o without first manifesting a lower version.
- Enlarge Susano'o: You are able to increase the size category of your Susano'o by one category higher. Doing so increases the cost per round by 2 points. This does not change the basic features of the manifested Susano'o. Each step up in size increases the damage by one dice step up, an extra 5 feet of reach, a +2 to strength and -2 to dex. You also take an additional -1 to AC by going up in a size category.
- Improved Susano'o Weapons: Requires Greater Sussano'o. Allows the user to imbue their summoned susano'o weapons and armor with enhancements from the magic weapons or magic armors list respectively. Doing so increases the cost of the Susano'o by 3 chakra points per round.
- Drain Chakra: This feat allows the user to drain chakra upon contact with an opponent. The attacker must make a successful touch attack to use this feat. A hit indicates that the user may begin to drain chakra from their opponent and add it to their own chakra pool. Any points gained in excess of the character's natural chakra pool are stored as bonus chakra points. A character cannot have more than their maximum chakra in bonus points. A character can only drain their character's level worth of points per round, and a successful Fort save (DC 11 + highest level of jutsu a character can cast + con modifier) reduces this amount in half.
- Fire Release: This allows the character to use Fire Nature jutsu
- Water Release: This allows the character to use Water Nature jutsu.
- Earth Release: This allows the character to use Earth Nature jutsu.
- Lightning Release: This allows the character to use Lightning Nature jutsu.
- Wind Release: This allows the character to use Wind Nature jutsu.
- Yin Release: This grants the character the ability to use Yin Release in their jutsu.
- Yang Release: This grants the character the ability to use Yang Release in their jutsu.
Advanced Natures (Kekkei Genkai)
- Boil Release: Requires Water Release, Fire Release. This allows the character to use Boil Release jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Fire or Water jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Crystal Release: Requires Earth Release, Wind Release. This allows the character to use Crystal Release jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Earth or Wind Release jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Explosion Release: Requires Earth Release, Lightning Release. This allows the character to use Explosion Style Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of either Earth or Lightning Style jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times
- Ice Release: Requires Water Release, Wind Release. This allows the character to use Ice Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Wind or Water jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times
- Lava Release: Requires Earth Release, Fire Release. This allows the character to use Lava Style jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Earth or Fire Style jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Magnet Release: Requires Earth Release, Wind Release. This allows the user to use Magnet Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Earth or Wind Style Jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Scorch Release: Requires Fire Release, Wind Release. This allows the user to use Scorch Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Fire or Wind Style Jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Storm Release: Requires Water Release, Lightning Release. This allows the user to use Storm Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Lightning or Water Style Jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Wood Release: Requires Water Release, Earth Release, Senju Clan. This allows the character to use Wood Jusu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Water or Earth Style Jutsu. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.
- Swift Release: Requires Fire Style, Lightning Style. This allows the character to use Swift Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Fire or Lightning Style Jutsu
- Steel Release: Requires Earth Style, Lightning Style. This allows the character to use Steel Jutsu, as well as giving a +2 to the DC of their Earth or Lightning Style
- Twin Jutsu: Requires at least 2 natures. Instead of mixing two natures to create a new nature, you use two jutsu to amplify their individual effects. A Twinned jutsu costs 8 chakra points. It deals the damage of both techniques combined. If the natures are complimentary (fire and wind, water and lightning, etc) the DC of the jutsu is increased by half the level of the increasing jutsu (rounded down). The damage is increased by the level of the jutsu.
- Nara Clan Legacy: Requires Yin Release. You are able to use the Nara Clan's Shadow jutsu.
- Akimichi Clan Legacy: Requires Yang Release. You are able to use the Akimichi Clan's Expansion Jutsu.
- Yamanaka Clan Legacy: Requires Yin Release. You are able to use the Yamanaka Clan's Mind Transfer Jutsu.
- Requires Dex 15. You ignore all penalties for using an off hand. You are neither left-handed nor right-handed.
Curse of Hatred
- Requires: Uchiha Clan. This allows the character to unlock and use the Mangekyou Sharingan.
- Choose a type of graft: Uchiha, Senju, Hozuki, Hyuuga, etc. You must possess the graft type before you can transplant parts of a body from that clan and grant the use of the kekkei genkai associated with it. You can create grafts of your chosen type and apply them to other living creatures or to yourself. Creating a graft takes 24 hours for each 1,000 ryo in its price, and use up raw materials costing half of this price as well as the item being grafted (not included in the raw materials cost). This feat can be taken multiple times, choosing a different clan and thus allowing the user to create grafts of that type.
Nature Energy Sensitive
- This allows your character to begin training with natural energy. You can absorb a single level of nature energy, and can use that to pay part of a jutsu's cost (a single level of nature energy gives 2 chakra points).
Single Weapon Fighting
- When fighting with a single weapon (one handed melee weapon, nothing in the off-hand) you gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls
Improved Single Weapon Fighting
- Requires Single Weapon Fighting, 20 Dex. When fighting with a single weapon, you gain an additional +2 bonus to attack and damage. You also add an extra 25% of your ability bonus to damage rolls with the weapon (you add 1.25x your strength score, rounded down, for example)
Greater Single Weapon Fighting
- Requires Improved Single Weapon Fighting, 25 Dex. When fighting with a single weapon, you gain an additional +3 bonus to your attack and damage (for a total of +6). You add an additional 50% of your ability score to the damage roll (1.5 times your strength, rounded down).
- Requires: Elemental Release of the type you wish to take the feat for. Adds +1 to the DC of jutsu from the elemental release that this feat is taken for. The basic natures in this RP are Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Yin, and Yang. This feat can be taken multiple times, but each one must be for a different nature, its effects will not stack if taken for the same nature twice.
Greater Jutsu Focus
- Requires: Jutsu Focus of the type you wish to take this feat for. Adds +2 to the DC of the jutsu from the elemental nature for which you have taken this feat. This DC replaces, and does not stack with, the bonus gained from Jutsu Focus. You can take this feat multiple times, each time for a different nature, as its effects will not stack with itself.
As with Heoric feats, the basic d20 Epic feats **apply here. Metamagic feats are not usable, but they are the basis for epic meta-jutsu feats. These feats cannot be taken until the character has reached level 24. A ** symbol by a feat means that this feat can be found on the basic d20 Epic feats list.
Epic General Feats
- Perfect Susano'o: Requires Greater Susano'o, Con 30. This allows the user to manifest the Perfect Susano'o.
- Improved Manifestation: Requires Perfect Susano'o, Wis 30. Reduce the costs of manifesting Susano'o by 3 points per round. This cannot reduce the cost of manifesting the Susano'o to less than 1 point per round. This feat can be taken multiple times, it stacks each time.
- Greater Susano'o Weapons: Requires Improved Susano'o Weapons. This allows the character to imbue their summoned weapons with abilities from the epic weapons and armors lists. Using this increases the cost of the Susano'o by 5 points per round.
Counter Jutsu Feats
- Epic Counter Jutsu: Requires Combat Reflexes*, Improved Counter Jutsu, Improved Initiative, Quicken Spell*, Reactive Counter Jutsu. Your character can counter any number of jutsu per round. You do not need to ready a specific action to do so, and it does not count against the character's actions during the next round. You can even use this feat while flat-footed or any situation where you would be denied your dexterity bonus to AC. Upon taking this feat, a character may also use their jutsu to counter an incoming attack that would otherwise hit them (bypass their AC, touch AC, etc). The mechanics work the same, a Reflex save is required to avoid the attack.
- Requires: Dex 30, Ambidexterity, Grandmaster level 10. Your character may make up to their base attack bonus' number of extra attacks per round with flurry of blows. (a character with a BaB of 20/15/10/5 may make up to 4 extra attacks, granting them 20/20/20/20/20/15/10/5). Flurry of blows also becomes a standard action, instead of a full-round action, meaning you can make one extra attack per turn after moving. This feat may be taken multiple times, each time adding another one extra attack to your action, taking this feat twice allows the character to attack 3 times after moving, etc. etc.
Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
- Requires Greater Single Weapon Fighting, Dex 30. While fighting with a single weapon, you expand your critical range by one, as well as getting a vorpal strike on a roll of 19-20. This expansion of the critical range is applied before feats or effects such as keen.
Greater Precise Shot
- Requires: Dex 30, Improved Precise Shot. By taking a -10 to their attack roll a character with this feat may target their opponents with much greater precision. They can now target specific areas of their opponents body, such as eyes, hands, feet etc. A succesful attack to an opponent's leg reduces their speed in half. Targeting a hand or an arm gives the enemy a 50% chance to fail on their jutsu if the technique requires hand seals. Depending on the area targeted, the effects may vary, but that does not mean that a target can be instantly killed with this attack. However, using this feat for an attack that was a critical hit increases the attack's critical multiplier by one, a x2 becomes a x3 etc.
- Requires: Character level 30, Int or Wis 30 (based on your casting class), ability to cast S-Rank jutsu. You have mastered the art of ninjutsu and are able to research and develop your own unique techniques and jutsu. You are able to use jutsu that do not fit within the normal ranks of E-S, incredibly powerful techniques that are attainable only by the most powerful of ninja. Such techniques are not included in the jutsu known section but they are considered to be 10th level. Your character may learn or develop a number of techniques equal to your (character level + your int. modifier)/10. These techniques cost 30 points to activate in their basic level, and the restriction on chakra points per jutsu still apply. You may add 1.5 of your casting stat to your DC instead of just the casting stat on jutsu.
Epic Jutsu Focus
- Requires: Greater Jutsu Focus of the elemental type you wish to take this feat for. You gain a +2 to the DC of all jutsu from the elemental release that this feat is taken for. You can take this feat multiple times, and it can be for the same nature, it's effects will stack with itself.
Heir of Hagoromo:
- Requires Uchiha with Senju Graft, EMS, or Senju with Uchiha Graft. You have awakened the power of the Rikudo Sennin, Hagoromo. The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan progresses to a Rinnegan. Upon attaining the Rinnegan, the character gains an additional Mangekyou ability slot (for a total of 5 with EMS).
Heir of Hamura:
- Requires: Hyuuga with Uzumaki Graft or Uzumaki with Hyuuga Graft. You have awakened the power of the Shinobi of the Moon, Hamura Otsutsuki. The Byakugan progresses to a Tenseigan.
- Requires S-Rank Jutsu, Quicken Jutsu. You may cast an additional quickened jutsu per post. This feat can be taken multiple times its effects stack.
Improved Jutsu Capacity
- Requires: Ability to cast jutsu of the normal maximum jutsu level in at least one jutsu-using class. You gain a bonus to the maximum jutsu level of tecniques you can manifest based on this table. You gain double the capacity of jutsu from ranks D-S, as well as doubling the capacity of jutsu you may gain from a high int bonus. This feat can be taken multiple times, though each time after the first, you gain only 2 jutsu per rank, and 2 bonus jutsu per rank learned.
Kekkei Tōta (血継淘汰, Literally meaning: Bloodline Selection) is an advanced branch of jutsu that is more advanced than the jutsu class of kekkei genkai. Requiring three basic natures to be combined in very precise ratios makes these natures very rarely seen among shinobi.
- Particle Style: Requires Earth, Fire, Wind Release, Combat Casting*. This allows the user to use Particle Style jutsu. It also gives a +3 bonus to the DC of the user's Fire, Wind, or Earth Style jutsu. This bonus replaces, does not stack with any bonus gained from a kekkei genkai feat, though if a character with particle and scorch styles chooses fire for the scorch, they can choose wind with this feat and receive both bonuses. This feat cannot be taken multiple times.